Top Records and Information Management Blogs
Our list of the best blogs in RIM.
Records management is a dynamic and challenging field. As RIM professionals, the more we share our knowledge and experience the more effective we can be. In addition to our own On The Record blog, this list of the top records and information management blogs illustrates the collective effort to do just that.
To help you stay current and deliver maximum value to your organization, these blogs offer a combination of best practices, thought leadership and real-world records management know-how.
We have broken out the list of top RIM blogs into categories for easier searching:
- Records management association and analyst blogs
- Content management, ECM, digital records & archiving blogs
- Legal, technology and e-discovery blogs
- Regional records management blogs
- Records management consultant blogs
- Records management news and commentary
- Records management blogs from the U.S. federal government
Records Management Association and Analyst Blogs
- Digital Landfill, maintained by John Mancini, President of AIIM.
- AIIM Community Blogs, full of excellent contributions by members of AIIM.
- IRMS Blog, the official blog of the Information and Records Management Society.
- Too Much Information, an information management blog by the 451 research group.
- Cheryl McKinnon, a Forrester analyst covering information architecture and records management.
- Real Story Group, an analyst blog featuring independent evaluations of RM technology products.
Content Management, ECM, Digital Records & Archiving Blogs
- CMS Report, covering content management systems and their application.
- Column Two, an intranet specialist firm covering content management systems.
- Word of Pie, a content management blog from the former CIO of AIIM.
- Another DAM Blog, a humorously named blog about digital asset management.
- ArchivesNext, covering issues relating to physical and digital archives.
- The Schedule, a records management and archives blog.
- Bex Huff, covering content management systems.
Legal, Technology and e-Discovery Blogs
- ACEDS, full of helpful information from the Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists.
- Technologist: The FindLaw Legal Technology Blog, giving the inside legal view on e-discovery.
- Barclay T. Blair, featuring essays on information governance.
- Legal IT Professionals, covering a variety of issues at the intersection of the law, IT, and records management.
Regional Records Management Blogs
- Records About The World, with insights about managing information from an Australian RIM professional.
- Future Proof – Protecting our digital future, a government RM blog from Australia.
- Salt Lake County Archives, an official archives blog from Salt Lake County, UT.
- SLA: Connecting People and Information, a blog from the New Jersey chapter of the Special Libraries Association.
- New York History, featuring historical news from the empire state.
- The G.S. 132 Files, the official Records Management blog of the State Archives of North Carolina.
- The Texas Record, published by the Texas State Library and Archives Commission.
- Records Keepers – Utah State Archives, a blog by the Utah government records service.
- ARMAzonan, the official blog of the Arizona chapter of ARMA.
- ARMA Edmonton Chapter Blog
- Nebraska ARMA Chapter Blog
- Greater Seattle Chapter of ARMA blog
- The National Archives Blog, the official blog of the world-renowned National Archives in the United Kingdom.
Records Management Consultant Blogs
- SharePoint Records Management, featuring insights from ECRM expert, Don Lueders, CRM, CDIA.
- Info Management Nuggets, from Chris Walker, information management analyst.
- Rammell Consulting Limited Blog, from a UK-based information management consultancy.
- C4 Blog, from Fishbowl Solutions, a provider of CMS solutions.
- Richard Medina, founder of Doculabs, featuring posts related to RIM and ECM.
Records Management News and Commentary
- Digital Asset Management News, a site dedicated to all things related to DAM.
- Toolbox.com, a varied blog with coverage of IT and RM related issues.
- Fierce Content Management, a source of weekly updates on topics related to content management.
- M Sarah Wickham, a recordkeeping practitioner.
- Mark J. Owen, a certified information management specialist.
- Michael Sampson, a collaboration strategist.
- Thinking Records, a records management blog from James Lappin.
- Ken Matthews, devoted exclusively to electronic records management.
- JISC infoNet, a service provider to the UK education sector.
Records management blogs from the U.S. Federal Government
- NARAtions, the official blog of the United States National Archives.
- Records Express, the official blog of the Office of the Chief Records Officer at the National Archives.
- NDC Blog, published by the National Declassification Center.
- Transforming Classification, a blog by the Public Interest Declassification Board
A list of the top RM blogs is never complete, so if you think we’re missing a good one, please get in touch and let us know!